The Brief history of St, John the Baptist, Wenje Parish.

On October 2005, Rt. Rev Paul Darmanin OFMCap, elevated Wenje out-station to a Parish, bringing the number of parishes in the Diocese to six. Evangelization in the area goes back to more than hundred years ago, when Fr Charles Gomminger and Br. Achuel, the Holy Ghost missionaries, made the first contact with Wenje. In our time, on January 1955, a Holy Ghost Missionary,    Fr. Ryan, reached Hola after a three-day journey by boat on the Tana River and established Hola Parish. On March 1976 the Holy Ghost missionaries handed over the Parish to the Capuchin Friars Minor.


St. John the Baptist Wenje Catholic Parish,

P.O Box, 82 – 70101


Out Stations:

St. Joseph – Ijara

Proudly powered by